Wednesday 12 June 2013

And the Writing of Draft 2 Begins! (After some necessary/not-necessary-at-all procrastination)

I'm going to have to keep this short, because I should be writing. Not a blog post, mind you. Draft 2.

With the first draft written a year ago, I'd say it's a good time for draft 2 to begin. I took a few months off after completing the first draft to clear my mind of draft 1 so that when I began my revisions, I would be looking at my novel with a fresh eye. Eyes. I have two of those.

Right.

Write.

(The carpenter ant that decided it was going to live on my desk and make an appearance only as I began to organise the clutter - clear space = clear mind, right? Not when there's a gigantic wood-eating ant climbing your white board! Special bonus: Lydia Kang, author of upcoming debut Control, magnet!)

I will get to that. Now that my procrastinating for the day has completed (I hope). I downloaded a twitter desktop app so I would stay off the internet (guess that didn't work, since I'm here typing this, huh?), organized my desk (and had a run-in with a gigantic carpenter ant - see above pic), and clipped a small hair clip to my nose (spoiler: it hurt, but the fun factor was still there).
(In case you did not believe me... We never need speak of this picture again, however.)

And then this. I suppose this also counts as procrastination, but this blog is very quite sadly empty. And I felt bad.

This is not a quality blog post, I know. But it does have an ant and a hair clip! Neither of which are in my novel, which I am going to write draft 2 of. Right.... now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment